The weekly newsletter that's more consistent Mrs Parker's weekly math tests....
This week is about strategies that you can use right now for Amazon using TikTok
In this edition:
- Why Amazon sellers are smarter than DTC sellers.... Yeah, I am calling out all the non-Amazon sellers
- How Amazon TikTok content should be different.... Don't make content like your simple cousin (the DTC seller)
Why Amazon sellers are smarter than DTC sellers.... Yeah, I am calling out all the non-Amazon sellers
I am using the term "DTC seller" loosely but referring to anyone that mainly sells on their website.
Amazon sellers hear this a lot from non-Amazon sellers:
- "You are building your business on someone else's property"
- "It's not a long term business"
- "No one makes money out of it"
- "Can you introduce me to the guy Jeff that works there?" - My mom
But then I look at Tweets like this:
Amazon sales crushes Shopify
Some crazy Shopify vs. Amazon Data:
How many visitors came to our website in last 30 days:
How many visitors visited our hero product on Amazon in last 30 days:
Sales on website, last 30 days:
Sales on Amazon, last 30 days:
— Molson (@Molson_Hart)
Oct 14, 2022
But trying to compare website traffic to Amazon traffic is the same as comparing your sibling to your spouse....the two are very different (I hope)
'Cos here is the Truth:
Non - Amazon sellers (Shopify, Wordpress, etc) have these advantages:
- Build their own email list on platform
- Run ads to their site and then optimise those ads using tracking (Facebook Pixel, TikTok pixel, Google Analytics, etc)
- Reviews are easy.... your mom is the best reviewer
- Full control of the brand and how it is marketed
Amazon sellers have this advantage:
"FREE" is debatable... but you get the point
What I am trying to say is this....
The most important metric in your business is TRAFFIC
If sales are food, then traffic is air... which one do you need the most?
So if traffic is so important.... which platform can send the most traffic?
**DING, DING DING**
'Cos right now Amazon sellers are reaping the benefits.
When TikTok users search for products, they start on Amazon.
Amazon is a seamless shopping experience... can the same be said about your website?
So if you are not on Amazon, you are creating a shopping hurdle for prospective customers.....
How Amazon TikTok content should be different.... Don't make content like your simple cousin (the DTC seller)
What are the standard TikTok videos?
- Product use
And that's cool.... that makes sense if you are sending traffic to your website...
But Amazon is different.
Any traffic sent to Amazon should nurture the algorithm.
You are competing with millions sellers on Amazon, so when you send traffic to Amazon, you need to capitalise on the platform's features.
So when we send traffic to Amazon, we focus on these types of videos in addition to the videos mentioned above:
Content that helps your PPC
- Generally, we see an increase in 30% - 40% on Brand Analytics as a result 🚀
- How: Create content that tells users how to find the product - "Search for BabiGro Baby Blankets" [BRAND NAME + KEYWORD]. Then focus a portion of PPC spend on your own Branded Search
Content that increases your followers
- Rapidly grow the followers on your Amazon storefront and then re-market to them through the Amazon emails.
- How: Make a video showing an Amazon hack - "My Amazon Hack.... Follow this brand and they email private discounts"
That's it 👊
Combining the those videos with the standard DTC videos is kinda like throwing a combo in Street Fighter.... it's satisfying...
That's it for this week 👊
Thanks for reading.
PS... It's not too late to have your best Black Friday ever using TikTok...deadline is Monday if you are interested. Just reply to this 👊