The weekly newsletter that makes you feel like you have the cheat code 😉
In this edition focuses on just one strategy.... my personal fav:
- Stealing, poaching, looting, pilfering .... Your competitors will hate you
How to Steal Competitor Traffic and build your own audience
This is an incredibly advanced strategy...... but no one uses it kinda like everything I learnt in school.
Let's say you want to get started on TikTok but don't know where to start.
Wouldn't it be great if you already had a 'warm' audience?
Guess what...... YOU DO 👊
It's based around hashtag targeting.
Once you learn this, a few things will happen:
- You end up stealing all your competitor's TikTok customers
- You end up giving them some money 'cos you pretty much took food off their table (and they have nothing left to pawn)
So there are no judgements here....
But if you read on
I will show you exactly how to steal your competitors followers and traffic in just 2 minutes.
So read on if you want to know.... I dare you to not read this 😉
So let's start with an example:
Step 1: Find your hashtags
Assume you sell a baby blanket and you type "baby blanket" on TikTok
You see a ton of videos.... all relating to your niche
Check out this cute TikTok.... why can't anyone make me feel as secure as this baby?
On closer inspection, you see that on a few hashtags were referenced:
#fyp: Ignore this hashtag as its a very general hashtag
#baby: Ignore this hashtag as its a very broad
#NissanShowUp: Save this hashtag as it relates to that video
Run this experiment a few more time on other videos and you end up with a list of relevant hashtags:
Step 2: Create a TikTok Ad targeting those hashtags
- Open up TikTok Ads Manager and create an ad
- Create the ad as you would normally
- But in the Interests & Behaviour field, list all the hashtags you compiled.
That's it 👊 You have just targeted anyone that has viewed that content
How to use this against your competitors:
- Use your competitor's brand name in the hashtags
- Your competitor went viral? Great for your competitor, but even better for you.... the more views they obtained, the more customers you can target 😉
Super Ninja Tactic:
A lot of media buyers cannot create TikTok Audiences because Amazon does not allow you to use the TikTok pixel on Amazon....
Advertisers get around this by creating their own hashtag they use for every video they publish... some thing very obscure like #BabyBlanket3124567
Once that hashtag has enough views they can target it with TikTok Ads and is kinda like a poor man's version of an audience (it's not perfect.... but it works).
If your competitor does this.... buy them a drink.... they have done all the hard work for you 👊
That's it for today's strategy 👊
Thanks for reading.
PS... It's not too late to get a TikTok campaign up and running.... reply to this if you want to get going 🚀
PPS....if you want some super smart Amazon tips... check out George's blog (I do weekly 👊):