The weekly newsletter that's more sticky than self tanning lotion.... we have all been there 😱
This week is about Black Friday with a mixture of self promotion (don't judge.... a guy has got to eat... 'cos voicing an opinion on your wife's cooking ends up with you starving and stealing the kid's food 😞)
In this edition:
- Our Black Friday Sale.... Why you CAN'T miss this, or end up on MySpace (say hello to Tom)
- Black Friday Strategies for TikTok Ads.... 'cos Amazon sellers need to be different
- Is Meta declining?.... We break down the facts
- The FIRST Amazon event in South Africa.... Fancy a braai, boet?
Our Black Friday Sale.... Why you CAN'T miss this
We have been planning this for months....
'Cos in my opinion, you have possibly 12 - 18 months of the TikTok opportunity.....
Windows of opportunity fade quickly these days (remember rebates, SFB, incentivised reviews, etc.)
Same with TikTok, its great until the masses jump in.... you need to build your moat now (quoting Warren Buffet there....he has a 'moat' around all his businesses.... and I can't swim)
So our goal is to give you the unfair advantage and this is your only chance.... 'cos this offer won't be repeated (that's not marketing jargon...pinky swear).
Here is the breakdown:
2 week live coaching cohort
Skip the learning..... I have spent well over $70K in 18 months learning these strategies and hacks.
I will be personally walking you through everything and showing how we run over 50 Amazon TikTok campaigns per month and on track to do over 100 per month.
1 Year Access to our Premium content
- Black hat TikTok strategies.... it's dirty, but you wanna know
- Contact details for over 1,000 influencers....I paid a lot for the list, it is your's 👊
- All the TikTok SOP's... the exact strategies and platforms we use to boost sales on Amazon
TikTok Research done for you
- Let us do the hard lifting.... we will research your product, and give you a list of content you can easily copy improve on, hashtags and what platforms to use.
Here is a taster.
(more to come)
- Not much.... I mean that... this will be priced at an amount that is a no-brainer (in true Black Friday fashion)
- The value alone is over $5,000.... worth 10x if you actually implement the strategies
- Full price and breakdown will be released on Friday, 25th
Black Friday Strategies for TikTok Ads for Amazon
I am willing to bet you are like me over Black Friday.....
I am never prepared..... after being a seller for 11 years.... it catches me everytime.
So rather, here is my:
🔥Black Friday Emergency Action Plan🔥
Step 1: Start setting up the ads
I get it, you may have no TikTok videos.... but if you have an Amazon listing you have images and possibly some videos.
Hire someone on Fiverr to put it together or use Invideo, Canva, Capcut or anything.... just get a video done.
Run the ads through your TikTok Ads account (if you don't have one, takes 5 min to setup.... or even use these guys to do it for you).
Step 2: Run the ads asap (latest 21st - 24th)
The problem with TikTok is that people are vey quick to skim through hundreds of TikTok videos per day.
So they will not take action first time they see your video (it's possible.... but I doubt it).
The aim of these ads are for reach and retargeting.
Make sure to setup the TikTok audiences to record everyone that:
- clicked on the ad
- Viewed the ad
- Viewed different %'s
- Make an audience for everything
Step 3: Retarget everyone from step 2 (25th - 28th Nov)
- You are going to retarget everyone that viewed your ad.
- Create a new video with an aggressive coupon code or a sexy Call-To-Action
Bonus points if you create a Lookalike audience for more reach.
That's it 👊
But how do you know if it helped?
- You don't 😞 Amazon Attribution is glitchy on a good day
- But most TikTok users will start the search on Amazon trying to find your product. Make sure to mention "Buy [YourBrandName] on Amazon" as in "BabiGro Baby Blankets on Amazon"
- We have proven by simply doing this it can have a big effect on Brand Analytics and if Amazon can see people coming to Amazon and searching for your brand, that's a big bonus (you can capitalise further by making sure your PPC campaigns target this traffic).
Alternatively, make a video telling TikTok users to follow your Amazon Storefront for exclusive Black Friday offers ('cos you can email them through the Amazon system).
Remember.... Amazon loves external traffic and TikTok traffic is what they want (just look how Amazon's pages are slowly adding TikTok elements to it.... like Video Ads in PPC).
But advertising over Black Friday is incredibly expensive, so make sure you have the budget.
I am willing to bet that 99% of Amazon sellers are not running Black Friday offers on TikTok.... follow these steps and you will be ahead of the rest. 👊
Is Meta declining?.... We break down the facts
Swiped this from Stacked Marketer.... you need to get on their list
… There’s no reason to panic if Meta is your main marketing channel.
Let’s bust the biggest myths about Meta’s decline with the help of Ben Thompson from Stratechery:
Myth 1: Users are deserting Facebook
Facebook daily active users (DAUs) were 1.98B on average for September 2022, an increase of 3% year-over-year. And monthly active increased by 2% on a yearly basis.
Myth 2: Instagram engagement is plummeting
TikTok usage is growing at Meta’s expense, there’s no denying that. However, TikTok expansion isn’t reversing Meta’s growth, it’s just depressing it.
Moreover, aggregate time spent on Instagram and Facebook is up year-over-year, both in the US and globally.
Myth 3: TikTok is dominating
According to Sensor Tower data reported by Morgan Stanley, TikTok usage appears to be plateauing, whereas Reels usage is growing across Facebook and Meta. Maybe Reels won’t surpass TikTok, but they’re not being destroyed by it, either.
Myth 4: Advertising is dying
Apple’s App Tracking Transparency (ATT) policy was a big hit to Meta’s advertising, but it’s far from dying.
There are still plenty of ads on Facebook. And there isn’t a better alternative to Meta for top-of-funnel advertising.
Besides, Meta is working to move more conversions onto their platform to fight back ATT, which is good news for you.
Myth 5: Meta is putting all their eggs on the metaverse
Meta is not spending all their money on the metaverse. It is, however, spending big on AI.
And that goes in two directions: Building a better algorithm for Reels to compete with TikTok, and undoing the damage from ATT with a smarter advertising algorithm.
If mainstream media headlines had you worry about Meta… well, there is no reason to.
So, to sum up: Don’t look at Meta’s stock price. Focus on stuff you can control like your CPA, funnel, creatives, offer and economics.
The FIRST Amazon event in South Africa.... Fancy a braai, boet?
First of all..... I am not organising this (even though I am currently living in SA.... will be back to the depressing London sunshine next year).
This is being organised by Kayleigh Bendall (she has attended hundreds of Amazon events and networking is her super power 👊..... I once walked through a WeWork office alongside her..... it took 5 min..... she stopped to talk to everyone, arranged appointments, interviews and details with everything with ease).
When you want to get an intro with someone.... she is your girl 👊 Her rolodex is worth a fortune... the only thing more powerful than her rolodex, is her disarming smile.
Don't believe me?.... check out what people say about her.
This is not just any Amazon event
- The first Amazon event in South Africa (Amazon is actually launching in SA in Feb '23)
- Tons of speakers that you have never heard of, but should have.... more experienced that 99% of the speakers on the Amazon Speaker circuit (you know who I am talking about)
- SAFARI 🦁🐯🪱🦅🦍🦓🐆🐅🦏.... you get to network, chat Amazon and then go on a proper African Safari!!!
- Did I mention the Cape Town Wine farms? Table Mountain? It's all there waiting to be explored.... with a currency exchange that makes you feel like Warren Buffet.
⚠️ Invite only ⚠️
This is harder to get into than my wife's Spanx (don't ask).
Here are all the details.... but act quickly and any questions, reach out to Kayleigh.
Don't sleep on this.... it is the holiday your family wants and you get to work as well 😉
That's it for this week 👊
But I need to ask a favour...
What did you think of today's newsletter?
(Only had 8 replies last week... aiming for 9 this week)
Thanks for reading.
PS... Watch out for our Black Friday offer... TikTok is in your future whether you want it or not.... and TikTok has it's own marketplace TikTok Shop (just launched in the US)
PPPS..... If you REALLY enjoyed this.... share the love.... 5 referals gets you 20% off our Black Friday offer (that's like stealing from me 😉)