So this case study will answer the following two questions:
- Is your Amazon PPC cheaper than TikTok Ads?
- Is your competitor's PPC cheaper than TikTok Ads?
But this case study is different....
It's a live case study based on your next few steps
What I need from you..... 2 min of your time...
- Read this case study (30 seconds)
- Compare the numbers to your Amazon PPC (1 min)
- Vote below on your results..... see what everyone else voted (30 seconds)
Let's go 👊
1. Take a look at the following data.
It is a screenshot from one of my TikTok Ad accounts over the past 3 months:
- Cost: The total amount (USD) spent in ads Cost Per Click
- CPC (Cost Per Click): The average amount of money you've spent on a click.
- CPM (Cost per 1,000 impressions): The average amount of money you've spent per 1,000 impressions.
- CTR (Click Through Rate): The percentage of times people saw your ad and performed a click.
This ad account rans ads for Amazon brands in the following categories:
- Pets (dog supplements and
- Pet products and supplements
As this account is based on Amazon brands, where the niche is "Amazon" and not particular products.
Hence, I treat this account as my benchmark.... metrics to use to use to budget for TikTok Ads.
It is an AVERAGE
So you can ask yourself the question:
"What is the average cost to send TikTok Ads traffic to your Amazon listing/storefront?"
2. So how do you use this data?
So take this with a pinch of salt....
Trying to compare TikTok traffic to Amazon traffic is near impossible as the buyer intent is very different (users go to Amazon to Search and Buy, they go to TikTok to be entertained... is your product and content entertaining? If is, then you have the secret sauce 😉).
DO THIS NOW: Compare those averages to your Amazon Ad data averages
3. Vote below
This is the most important part...
A community wide voting poll....
This goes out to 1,500 sellers and 100% anonymous
Please vote below and check back to see the results:
If your Amazon ads are more expensive 🤬..... it may be a good idea to slice off some budget and run some TikTok campaigns.
If your Amazon ads are cheaper 😀..... then high-five your PPC team ✋. But how long can they sustain that? It's not like PPC is getting cheaper.
A PPC team that can send traffic through Branded Search and visibly alter Brand Analytic data....
That's the PPC team of the future.... we work closely with PPC teams structuring the TikTok traffic to boost their PPC campaigns 👊
If you want to run some TikTok campaigns.... reply to this email and let's chat 👊
PS. I want to get the word out and get as many votes as possible. Please share with anyone that would find this interesting